Raspberry Pi Zero is getting its first upgrade after almost five years with the new Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. The Raspberry Pi Foundation announced the availability of a new Raspberry Pi single-board computer, the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W with a price tag of just $15.
Like the original Raspberry Pi Zero, Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W features a mini HDMI port, a micro USB port, and a micro USB power port.
According to the company, Zero 2 is almost five times faster than the original Raspberry Pi Zero because of the quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 processor clocked at 1GHz and 512MB of SDRAM. Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W will remain in production until at least January 2028.
The company is planning to ship about 200,000 Pi Zero 2 W boards in the remainder of 2021 and an additional 250,000 in the first half of 2022 so it might little tough to get your hand dirty on this product soon.
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W Released, First Upgrade In 5 Years
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W Specs
- 512MB SDRAM
- 1GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A53 CPU
- 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN
- Micro USB power
- Bluetooth 4.2, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), onboard antenna
- Mini HDMI port and micro USB On-The-Go (OTG) port
- microSD card slot
- H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30); H.264 encode (1080p30)
- CSI-2 camera connector
- HAT-compatible 40-pin header footprint (unpopulated)
- OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- Composite video and reset pins via solder test points
- 65mm x 30mm